- Nominee must be a diagnosed cancer patient of any age; a nominee with a non-cancer diagnosis, in Palliative or Hospice Care, does qualify.
- Nominee must be physically able to handle travel with a medical condition that would not be compromised by staying in a high altitude environment.
- Nominee must be accompanied by a spouse, significant other, sibling, parent or caregiver. Only a certified service pet can accompany the nominee.
- Nominee must be referred by a healthcare or psychosocial professional within one of Domus Pacis Family Respite’s referral partnerships.
- Nominated family members must totally complete and submit application paperwork to Domus Pacis Family Respite staff with the understanding that a reasonable lead time is necessary for coordination.
- After the referral partner nominates a family for Domus Pacis' family respite program, the nominee and/or their communication designate can provide the Application information on paper or use the website's Application Submission feature.
- Nominated family must be willing to sign an accommodation usage agreement and cover the accommodation security deposit by providing a valid check or credit card number as part of the donated property usage agreement.
- Though Domus Pacis does provide an appropriate accommodation for a family’s respite stay as well as some meals, activity and entertainment vouchers for immediate family members, Domus Pacis does not cover the total cost for their week in Summit County. Therefore family members need to have the ability to cover their travel, additional food plus activity & entertainment expense.
Respite Stay Guidelines…
- Domus Pacis Family Respite realizes the importance of family either biological or by choice; therefore we will be willing to consider a “family unit” consisting of two to twelve people including related children. That being said, it is important to remember that Domus Pacis offers family respites, not family vacations.
- No pets are allowed to participate, with the exception of a certified service pet.
- Smoking in the home and/or any illegal substance usage will not be tolerated by any of the participants.
- A respite opportunity is usually a week-long stay of seven nights. The organization's mission is to provide respite; a brief getaway does NOT fulfill our mission. Therefore such requests will not be considered.
- Nominee and/or participants are responsive to writing a post respite stay Reflection.
- Domus Pacis Family Respite Board must approve that the mission of DPFR will be fulfilled by the respite request prior to any coordination of the stay being initiated.
- For a printout of some Freqently Asked Questions, click FAQs.