View the current Domus Pacis Volunteer Calendar here.
Volunteers are truly essential to delivering the mission of the Domus Pacis Family Respite. Becoming a Family Respite Volunteer, you will be helping families going through difficult times and it will touch you deeper than you can imagine. It’s the best way to give…family to family…person to person. Here’s a few ways you can personally become a part of helping a family escape to the peace of the mountains:
Program volunteers are available as needed for an entire week long family respite. Along with Domus Pacis staff, volunteers are at the house to welcome the family when they arrive, providing them with an overview of their respite home as well as orientation of the county.
DPFR individual and family volunteers can have a very personal connection with our respite families. How you might participate is only limited by one’s imagination. Below are some suggestions on how you can help in numerous ways.:
- Bring some Food and Hugs to a family by signing up to... Feed-a-Family, Foster-A-Family or coordinate a Compassion in Action Campfire
- Create, participate or organize a Stone Soup effort
- Need food or meal ideas ... provided are a few Recipe and Menu suggestions.
- Attend Food for Families Friday gatherings
- Treats (sweets, fruit, snacks, etc.)
- Coffee Cakes, Muffins, Cookies
- Board Games and Books
- Novelty items (T-shirts, hats, lip gloss, etc.)
- Plants and Flowers
- Welcome Bags filled with comfort foods, small stuffed animals, toys and family-focused games
- Notecards for writing Thank You's
Event Team Volunteer
During the coming year, the Domus Pacis Family Respite organization will host at least one special event to raise funds that support the Family Respite program. In addition, four seasonal events ... the Domus Pacis Family Concert Series ... are held each year to involve the community and broaden the awareness of the family respite program. If interested in learning more about how you might be able to contribute to these important events, assisting with planning, sponsorship, marketing and communications, execution and/or event day-of support, please contact Duck or Vince at email@example.com.
If you have NEVER received any emails from Domus Pacis Family Respite, please complete the Application below providing your contact information as well as indicating ways that you might be interested in becoming involved...